Sunday, August 01, 2004

I must seem like an easy mark

Went to Little Tokyo and Santa Monica with Nicole, Adeline, and Nicole's nieces today. When I got back, I decided to go fill up my car, and to clean my windshield while that happens.

Just as I've set the nozzle, a car drives past me and stops, the occupants of the car were kind of staring at me. As I walk around to get paper towel out of my seat, the driver of the car approaches me, and asks me what kind of cologne I wear... and proceeds to try and sell me cologne.

Along with her flattery, I easily and quickly bought a bottle of the cologne she was selling. So maybe somehow, they can just tell when some people are sitting ducks. Last time some dude approached me trying to sell me a sofa and love-seat set.

These days, I'm too cynical to believe that she truly meant whatever compliments she gave me.

0 comments: