Thursday, February 23, 2006

"Noodle with gravy"? Really?

I tried my hands on making some (or, at least, the "soup" for it) on Monday, and it turned out pretty well, if I do say so myself. Next time I think I'll stir-fry the vegetables that tend to turn mushy quickly, and keep them in separate plates, rather than cook them in the broth, because by the time I added eggs into the broth, the snowpeas had already turned soft and dark green, and of course they don't hold up well in reheating.

While looking for a more-or-less "official" English name for 大滷麵, the only name I could find was "noodle with gravy," but that "translation" comes from mainland China, where I more often see it as "." Guess I'll check the menus in restaurants to see what they have it listed as in English. Who knows, maybe it'll just be "dalu mein," like "chow mein" or "lo mein."

0 comments: