Tuesday, March 15, 2005

The seedy side of Internet shopping

So after getting the new cellphone, I decide that I should get myself a Bluetooth headset for it, as well.

In my search to find one that had respectible sound, battery life, is light and inexpensive, I set my eyes on the Cardo Scala 500. And with CNet Shopper giving it a certified 5-star rating, I went with DataVision as my online store (which, even at the time as of this posting, lists the Scala 500 as being "In Stock," as was its listed status when I placed the order).

The problem is that they don't have it in stock.

Shortly after I placed my order, I received two email messages from them. One to confirm that my order was received, and the other included this little gem as part of its message:
Due to great demand and low availability for the product you ordered we
will be able to ship your
Item Number 828831000057 in 5-7 business days.
once it is out of backorder. Once your product leaves our warehouse
shipping and tracking information will be emailed to you.

M^&%*#f@*kers! Then why do you still have the damned thing listed as "In Stock" on your website?

To top it off, I see no way of cancelling the order online. So I will have to remember to call them, cancel my order, and get it from somewhere else. I guess it's too much to ask for a little bit of honesty from a vendor.

0 comments: