Tuesday, March 08, 2005

Burr Grinder

UPS has just confirmed that the burr grinder that I ordered is scheduled to arrive on Thursday. This is good news for me, as Amazon originally estimated the arrival date to be anywhere between the 10th and the 12th. So it's at the early end of the spectrum.

Image: The Capresso 555.01 Burr Grinder Select

I had been reading up on burr grinders because I decided to finally try the French press coffee maker that Gretchen left us, and by all accounts, it is recommended that I use a relatively coarse and uniform grind for Frech press, which cannot be achieved by a blade grinder like the one I've been using.

I'm not sure how I missed all of this information before, when I was researching the best coffee brewing methods, regarding the disadvantages of blade grinders: uneven grind, higher temperature, both of which can affect the taste of the coffee to be brewed. I probably won't be able to tell too much difference between the two, but maybe I'll prove myself wrong. I can't wait.

0 comments: