Wednesday, March 30, 2005

Dropped calls

In the 2 1/2 weeks that I've had my new cell phone, I've experienced four or five dropped calls. At first I was concerned that these was Bluetooth-related, but the phone indicators show the Bluetooth still connected during these dropped calls, while the carrier signal bars drop down to nothing, suggesting that the problem has nothing to do with Bluetooth.

When they occur, what happens is that I can still hear the other side, but they can't hear me. Then in a few more seconds, the call ends.

After describing these symptoms to Johnny, he suggested that the problem had to with with a "battery save" option in the Motorola phone. But after going through the menus thoroughly, I still could not find such an option. Finally, I start searching the web for answers, and apparently this particular function is absent from the V551 phones. Strange. But that still doesn't help me with the dropped calls.


Another search result suggests that I'll have to "reboot" the phone so that it can properly sync with Cingular's network at least once every three days.

I'll have to test it out and see if it works.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I just wanted to let you know that whole reboot every 3 days thing is a bust. I'm having the same difficulties with my Motorola. Don't know what to tell you....it sucks

Glenn said...

Seems to be working for me, though, as I have not had any dropped calls, including three phone calls each lasting for more than an hour this past weekend. But I'm doing the power reset everyday, just to be safe.