Sunday, March 13, 2005

New cellphone

Last night I happened to drop by Life Plaza, where there was a wireless counter, and decided to go with a different carrier for a free new phone, as I had wanted to get a new cellphone after the headphones of my Samsung died. I've had the Samsung for at least 3 years, so it was time for a new one, anyway.

The only way to get a free phone was to switch carriers, as cellphone carriers offer more incentives if you're a new customer. It didn't make sense to me that they wouldn't want to offer similar incentives as a means of keeping their existing customers, but that's life for ya.

I ended up with a Motorola v551 from Cingular.



It's got a lot more features than my old phone, though I've had to downgrade my service plan, and pay more per month, just to have a plan that I'm happy with. Luckily, since I don't talk on the phone too much, I don't expect to use up all of the minutes on my plan anyway, so they'll just rollover to the next month, which is good for "just-in-case" emergencies.

0 comments: