Monday, June 05, 2006

Late night movies

Last night I caught most of a movie called "Dead End" on cable. In case you're wondering what that has to do with the music video of Aerosmith's "Hole In My Soul"... it's that they both feature actress Alexandra Holden, whom you might recognize from the sitcom Friends, where she played the girlfriend and former student of Ross (and also daughter to Bruce Willis' character when he guest starred on Friends), Elizabeth, for several episodes. (Their characters broke up at the season finale taping which I attended--it's "The One With the Proposal," when Chadler and Monica got engaged.)

Anyway, it was an interesting movie. I missed about the first 20 minutes, so had to gather information about what I missed online, but the basic premise is simple--A family (along with the daughter's boyfriend) is on their way to a Christmas Eve dinner with the father's mother-in-law. The father decides, for the first time in 20 years, to take a shortcut instead of going on the main road. While on the road, they encounter a woman dressed in white, wandering in the woods, with her baby. They offer to give the woman a ride, after which strange things start to happen. It's like being stuck in a nightmare or The Twilight Zone.

I won't say what other movies this movie reminded me of, as that would spoil the ending. Overall, this movie was better than I expected it to be, and I think it's too bad that Alexandra Holden hasn't hit the big time yet.

0 comments: