Thursday, June 01, 2006

I blame the OS

About four weeks ago, we went to Midori Sushi in Studio City. I brought along my digital camera and snapped a few pics, but when I got home and plugged the memory card in the card reader, none of the new pics were shown, while some of the older pics that I thought I had deleted from the card were. I remembered that earlier that day I had moved the older pics from the card to my computer, and after waiting for the card reader to show it was no longer reading the card, and making sure the pics were on the computer, removed the card. However, I still got an error message on the computer about not being able to read the card afterwards. I didn't think too much of it at the time, figuring it was just the stupid OS acting up.

But now, my new pics were gone, even though they were all there when I took them. Placing the card back into the camera didn't bring them back. Luckily, I remembered that I had gotten SanDisk's Rescue Pro program, so I decided to give it a whirl. It retrieved most of the pics, although for one of them, about 2/5 of the pic was corrupted. So I cropped out the bad parts, and it still looks okay.

0 comments: