Thursday, December 08, 2005

SanDisk's RMA

Let me just say, although their support leaves something to be desired, their return service is top-notch.

I went to their website last Tuesday and opened a support request, but they didn't get back to me until two days later. And when they did, half the questions they asked was already anwered in the form I filled out when I submitted my request. Then, on Sunday, without informing me, they closed the request and opened up an RMA ticket. Luckily I happened to check their support page on Sunday, and noticed the change. It basically wanted me to confirm my shipping address. So I gave them my work address.

On Monday, they sent me an email to let me know that my RMA has been authorized, and gave me instructions on obtaining a shipping label from FedEx. They have pre-paid FedEx 2nd Day service for me to send back the defective SD card, which is more than any of the other companies I've had to request RMA from. They didn't even ask for my receipt, although I did print one out before I submitted my support request, just in case.

0 comments: