Wednesday, November 09, 2005

The Media

So it's the day after the special election, and while I some of the preliminary results on the local news last night, they were far from final, and I was curious as to which propositions passed, and which didn't.

So I logged on to L.A. Times' website, just to look at the results. The only thing I could find were articles talking about how Schwarzenegger failed.

Okay. So the propositions he was backing did not pass. But those were not the only propositions on the ballot. What about the others? If the results for all the props were available on the site, they sure as hell didn't make them easy to find. I just want information, I don't need the media spin on what (supposedly) cause the voters to vote the way they did. Is that too much to ask? I thought the basic idea of the news is to report the facts, not the biased ideas.

I later logged on to iWon, though I didn't expect to find the results there, since this is basically local news. I highly doubt that the rest of the country cares much about the election results of California, when they've got their own results to wonder about. They did have an article on the same four propositions that Arnold was backing, I think from the Associated Press, which is more information than I expected. But alas, nothing on the rest of the propositions.

Eventually, I thought to check the website of one of my local TV stations, and found the results of all the propositions. Looks like none of them passed.

Thank you, KTLA, that was all I wanted to know. Screw you, L.A. Times!

0 comments: