Saturday, November 19, 2005

Dragon Quest VIII

After two days of running around to various stores (Target, Toys 'R' Us, Best Buy), trying to buy a copy of this game, I finally found a Game Stop store and got it. Though they didn't put it on the shelves, so maybe Best Buy had them, too, but I didn't ask the clerks there. The clerks at Target and Toys 'R' Us, on the other hand, had no idea what game I was talking about.

But at least the clerk at the Target store told me where the Game Stop was, as the map they had online was quite useless and had me looking in the wrong place. They had a 20% off deal for the strategy guide if you buy it with the game... I didn't really want to get a strategy guide, but decided to get it, afterall, if for nothing else but the colored-artwork alone.

Ah, the character design styles of Akira Toriyama. If you're familiar with his work, then it would be unmistakable--you'd be able to recognize his work immediately.

Which makes me wonder how Johnny wasn't able to tell when we saw the game at Anime Expo earlier this year.

"But I like the wenches!"

0 comments: