Tuesday, July 26, 2005

Bachelor's Spaghetti

Since our college days, we've been doing this, although now I've added a bit more herbs to the process, it remains essentially the same. One of these days I'll try to make my own sauce. Until then, I'll simply add a few fresh ingredients to an existing, bottled sauce.

Since I've been cooking with Barilla pasta for the longest time, it only made sense to use their sauce, as well. I chose their "mushroom and garlic" sauce this time.


I started off with sliced mushrooms and chopped onions.


Then, half a pound of ground beef, mixed with shredded oregano and basil, plus a little bit of white wine. I should add a bit of salt next time.


Sauté the onions, along with some minced garlic.


Add the mushrooms to the pan, then "sparingly" include some parsley.


Remove from pan, and sauté the ground beef.


Add to sauce.


Simmer with low heat, stirring occasionally while I start the water for the pasta...


As I said, Barilla spaghetti. I'll probably get some fettucini and Alfredo sauce next time.


Add Parmesan and serve.


I took the photos because of Club3G's oft-repeated "What's for dinner" photo threads, and figured I might as well do one, too.

0 comments: