Monday, July 04, 2005

Anime Expo

The Anime Expo traditionally have been held on 4th of July weekend, and this year was no exception. As in recent years, it was held at the Anaheim Convention Center, with some videos, gaming, etc. in the adjacent Marriott Hotel.

I basically use this opportunity to find out about what anime series/movies have recently been licensed/released for the US, as I've been too busy to keep up with the newsgroups. But of course there are always plenty of anime fans who dress up as their favorite characters (known as cosplay), so I brought along my digital camera to snap pics of the more interesting ones.

I originally thought this girl might be dressed as Karin from DNA², but while the costume looks similar enough, and she has the right hair color, the bike she's on seems completely different, and there are some other details that are different, so considering the amount of effort she must have put in to get her bike to look like this, it seems unlikely that she'd miss these details. Now I'll just have to figure out what series she's actually from.


I just found out that this girl was dressed as Jo from the series Burst Angel. One of the best costumes I've seen this year.


And here are the rest... Some of them I recognize as from Cowboy Bebop, Naruto, Bleach, various Final Fantasy series, and Trigun.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

=) The first group is from Xenosaga. the layy is specifically Kos-mos from Xenosaga II.

Glenn said...

Thanks, GenSao! ^_^