Monday, March 27, 2006

Hotel California

Ben came over today to check on my brother. He had written something on his blog that had some cause for concern--I had been busy the last couple of days and did not check anyone's blog.

As it turns out, both my brother and Ben had been feeling down for a while, and today Ben said to me that he finally understood why some people drank to try and forget their problems. I knew there were people who drank because they're depressed, and I know that it's very unhealthy, but I can't deny that I do not personally understand what they've been through and what kind of relief they get. I just hope that I'll never have to drink for such a purpose.

The situation does remind me of part of the lyrics from "Hotel California," though...
Some dance to remember
Some dance to forget
It's may not be exactly what they were talking about when The Eagles wrote this song, but probably something similar, metaphorically. A more direct song on the subject would be Billy Joel's "Piano Man."

0 comments: