Friday, June 13, 2008

Friday the 13th: You win

On my way back to the office after buying lunch, my car's "Service Engine Soon" light came on. So I dropped by AutoZone after work to see if I can find out what's causing it... Hoping that it's just something minor, like maybe I didn't tighten the gas cap enough.

No such luck. Instead, I've got this.

P0403

EGR Flow Circuit Malfunction

And here are the details, according to AutoZone's printout:

Definition
EGR system fault (Exhaust Gas Recirculation)
Explanation
The ECM has detected a fault in the EGR solenoid circuit
Probable Causes
1.-Failed EGR vacuum solenoid
2.-Open or short circuit condition on the EGR solenoid circuit
3.-EGR solenoid faulty
4.-Failed EGR pressure sensor where applicable
5.-Failed EGR position sensor where applicable

It was $140 to "rent" the ODB-II scanner, which they supposedly credited back to me when I returned it (about five minutes of use). The credit back hasn't shown up yet, though.

0 comments: