Sunday, November 19, 2006

Ice cream triple punch

So this week, I made three different flavors of ice cream. Two I've made before (green tea and coffee), and one I'm experimenting with (tangerine).

I bought disposable pint and quart containers, so now I can keep more than just two flavors at a time in my freezer, and since tangerine is my favorite fruit, I figured I'd try making an ice cream out of it, and see what it's like.

The flavor and texture is fine, as far as ice cream goes... however, I feel that the tangerine flavor is not nearly strong enough. I doubt most people could tell the difference between tangerine and orange in this ice cream form. So I guess if I want strong tangerine flavor in frozen (but not solid block of ice) form, I'll have to try a sorbet, instead. Or maybe a sherbet.

Since I am running out of space in my freezer, I'll have to finish up some of the ice cream before I try making the sorbet. Or give some away.

0 comments: