Thursday, August 17, 2006

Online shopping rant

I hate it when online stores tell you one thing, then when you go ahead and place an order from them, you're told the complete opposite.

The most common of these occurrences would be when they tell you they have something in stock, but after you place the order, they say, "Oops. Guess we don't have it, after all."

The worst part? Even after their order sheet tells you that they don't have it in stock, their online store still list the exact same item as "in stock." Hey, Einsteins, fix your damned online store inventory tracking system, it's broken! Either get it to display the correct inventory status, or don't show it at all. Telling us it's in stock in the store, then saying it's not when we order only makes you look like idiots, and encourage visitors to never buy from you again.

And for fuck's sake, have the common decency to send your customer an email to let them know the shit they ordered is not in stock! Don't force them to log back onto your site, wondering why you haven't sent them any tracking information yet. Because, guess what? When we're back on your site, we'll check your store to see if you still list it as "in stock," thereby cementing your status as complete morons.


Okay, so I placed the order on the 16th, and the shipping method I chose is supposed to take between 4 to 6 business days. As the 16th was a Wednesday, that means I should expect my order to arrive some time between Tuesday and Thursday of next week (22nd-24th). If I don't receive my order by the 24th, I'm never going to buy from AtomicPark.com again.

Who knows, they may prove themselves, yet. Otherwise, they'll be added to my list of "bad" online vendors, whom I will never buy from again (I will not link to them, since they suck, but I'm including their URLs for reference):
  • BuyDig.com (http://www.buydig.com/)
  • DataVision (http://www.datavis.com/)
  • DeepDiscountDVD (http://www.deepdiscountdvd.com/)
  • TheNerds.net (http://www.thenerds.net/)

0 comments: