Wednesday, June 29, 2005

Bring in da Phunk

Heard "Don't Phunk With My Heart" on Star this morning... didn't think much of it, until when the song was nearly over, I realized: 'Don't they usually play the censored version called, 'Don't Mess With My Heart'?"

Right after the song was over, the DJ announced the name of the song again, and sure enough, it wasn't the edited version. Guess they realized it was silly to censor every word that can remotely sound similar to a profanity. I'm sure if whoever was in charge of getting the Black Eyed Peas to change "phunk" to "mess" would also be happy to replace "Focker" from "Meet the Parents" to something else.

After the DJ's announcement, they went into ads, so I switched stations to KIIS, and the same song played--except it was still the censored version of "Don't Mess With My Heart." So I guess it's now a station-by-station thing, even though both were owned by Clear Channel.

0 comments: