Wednesday, February 02, 2005

W00t

My MX1000 laser mouse and wireless-G router arrived today. The new router took a bit of time to setup, because it wasn't picking up the proper IP from the modem. I went back and forth between the new one and the old one to see if there was a setting I missed, but it turned out that a reboot of the cable modem got it on the right track.

Also picked up Ray, The Grudge, and Wonderfalls on DVD today. Wonderfalls is another TV series with promise that Fox axed in favor of more of their tasteless reality TV crap. Which is quite a shame. The show has a similar basic premise as Joan of Arcadia, which is still doing well on CBS. Both shows are "what if" scenarios of the modern day Joan of Arc--not so much the war thing--just the "God talks to girl to do his will" part. Joan of Arcadia being less subtle about the basic premise.

Ray was released a lot earlier than I anticipated. Not that I mind, of course. I guess it might not have done too well at the box office, even though I've no doubt it is a wonderful film.

0 comments: