Monday, January 10, 2005

Storm = Power out

I think it's a foregone conclusion that the current storm has caused a power-out or two here at the office during the weekend. When I tried to connect to the newly installed SQL server (which was not yet behind an UPS) over the weekend, I was unable to do so. Then, when I came in today, I find that my development server is off.

Strange, I thought I had it set on always boot when power is restored.


Anyway, the power-out, coupled with the pre-existing RAID error, seems to have caused the SQL server to go haywire, as its repond time is now really slow. Going into the RAID controller, it seems that the fourth disk is not connected. I'm left with no choice but to reinstall everything on the server. So if the setup and boot time is the same as the other new one we just got, and which is also undergoing the installation process, then I can chalk up the errors to the power-out. Otherwise, it would appear that we have a bad HD on our hands.


Today's measurements:

Weight: 146.1 lbs.
Body fat: 11.2%
Body water: 64.5%

0 comments: