Friday, August 13, 2010

Completely reset the Jawbone Prime

Press the buttons in this sequence: Noise Assassin, Talk, Talk, Noise Assassin, Talk, Talk.

The above sequence will reset the Jawbone Prime to its factory settings. Why would you need to do that, you ask? Well, the reset procedure found on Jawbone's website doesn't unpair the Jawbone from your previously paired device... at least, not as far as the Jawbone is concerned.

That creates a problem because the Jawbone Prime supports multipoint--that is, the ability to pair to more than one device at the same time. So even if you remove the Jawbone Prime from your previously paired device, the Jawbone will still try to connect to it. And when it does that to a device that's no longer on, it wastes a lot of battery.

The reset procedure on Jawbone's website might unpair all but the first device the Jawbone paired with, but what happens when the first device you paired it with is no longer in use? Your new device becomes the second device to the Jawbone, and in my case, the battery life became halved from what it used to be.

By resetting it to the factory setting, all devices become unpaired, which should eliminate the multipoint/battery problem.

19 comments:

Anonymous said...

The jawbone prime does not have a "noise assassin" button. It has a power on/off slide switch and a "talk" button on the backside.

Glenn said...

You're probably thinking of the Jawbone Icon, or possibly the new Jawbone Era. Up until the Jawbone Prime, they all had a "dedicated" Noise Assassin button. See Jawbone's own FAQ page regarding the location of said button on the Jawbone Prime and Jawbone 2.

Mike1958 said...

Thanks, I needed this for my old Jawbone Prime. Without this reset, I had to pair it with the additional phone procedure. That wasn't working right, your reset worked about the third time. Not sure the amount time for each press. held each press for about 1 second this time.

Anonymous said...

How do you know the procedure work? any red/white flashes from the LEDs?

Anonymous said...

works very well, great advice

ihateelectronics said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
ihateelectronics said...

Thanks!!!!!!

Sarah Thompson said...

The jawbone prime is a decent bit of kit. They've gone all out to make it look classy. The box it comes in is pretty flash too.

Vince M. said...

FINALLY! Someone who has the correct advice. Sequence worked perfectly and first time for me ... thanks!

Anonymous said...

Thank you soooo much for posting this! I was racking my head because I couldn't get my jawbone prime into pairing mode to use with my EVO LTE. This worked on the first try.

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much!!!! I thought I was going to have to buy a new headset because I could not get this one to reset using the advice of a lot of different websites, but your advice worked beautifully the very first time! thank you so much again!

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU!!! I was getting really frustrated! Much appreciated!

Anonymous said...

worked for me -- just to be sure, don't forget to turn the jawbone on first and your bluetooth on your phone off before you do the reset.

Anonymous said...

thank the gods someones post finally worked!!! thanks bro

Anonymous said...

Brilliant! from dead to alive.
Thank you very much

Anonymous said...

Thank you so much. I have searched so many sites and pressed so many different sequences that I was about to reset it with a hammer. Thanks for taking the time to post some accurate information. Have a Blessed day!!

Anonymous said...

Thank you thank you thank you!!! It worked perfectly!!!

Anonymous said...

Worked great for me. My Galaxy S5 couldn't "see" my Prime until I reset it. It then paired immediately.

Rpoole78 said...

HELP!!! I have been trying to get this thing reset and I can't seem to get it to work!! Do I need to hold the buttons for a certain amount of time??? I need to do this so I can get it into pairing mode. Thank you in advance for your help!!!!