Saturday, November 08, 2008

Good Night, Sweet Prince

The HDTV I bought about 22 months ago stopped working last night.

Last summer, we found out that this model had overheating issues. Basically, when it got too hot, it will shut down by itself, even though the LED indicator will show it as still on, and the power switch will not respond. Luckily, all you had to do in this instance was to use the power switch in the back, and it will work again.

I thought I wouldn't have to deal with this problem again, after moving closer to the beach, since it was generally cooler here than in the valley. But about a month ago, there were a few heatwaves where the temperature got up to 90°, and I had to place a fan behind the TV to keep it cool. After the heatwave ended, however, it would still turn itself off randomly, much to my annoyance, and last night, it did so for the last time. It would not turn back on again.

I suppose a TV repair shop might be able to fix it, so I'll probably try that when I get a chance.

Before that happens, I still need a TV, so I've order a new one from NewEgg. Of course, this being the weekend, the earliest they will ship it would be Monday, but since they're based in City of Industry, hopefully it will arrive on Tuesday...

0 comments: