Monday, January 16, 2006

OMG Friday the 13th

I just realized today that last Friday was on the 13th. Maybe that explains me having lost my paycheck...

¬_¬

Nah.


Last Friday, Joyce IM'd me about watching Memoirs of a Geisha that night. It was also the same day I get one of my paychecks. Normally, I'd go and deposite the check right after work, but as trying to catch an early showing of the movie right after work would leave us rather rushed, I decided to place my paycheck in my inner coat pocket, to be deposited afterwards.

So, after the movie, dinner, and taking Joyce home, I stopped by the ATM near home to deposite my check, and found... it was gone! Everything else was still in my pocket, but my paycheck had conspicuously gone missing. It was a singularly strange event. I double-checked my car, and went back to the restaurant--the only place I had taken off my jacket, and found nothing.

Luckily, a few people still come to the office on Saturdays, so I dropped by, was given a new check (which I deposited promptly), and they will contact the bank to stop the other check.

0 comments: